Effective Date - October 18th, 2021
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our processes regarding your personal information. For all intents and purposes, personal information means all information or data relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
All transmission and receipt of digital assets and naira is undertaken SOLELY by Helicarrier Development Studio Limited, a company incorporated under the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and the Sendcash service is ONLY intended to serve recipients in Nigeria and not any persons in the United States of America or any other jurisdiction. We assume no responsibility or liability for any transmission of digital assets or any other currency in any other jurisdiction asides from the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Scope of Information Collected
- Generally, we collect and store any information provided to us when you use our services, including any information added to a web form, contact information (for example, name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth), account/financial information, transaction information or any other information submitted to us or disclosed to our customer support team.
- When you use our services, or create an account with Sendcash, we collect technical information about you from the device you use. The information includes, but is not limited to, device ID or unique identifier, computer IP address, geolocation information, computer data about the pages you have visited, browser and operating system software and network information.
- We also collect information required from you, your device and your interaction with our services for fraud prevention, identity verification, sanction checks, to monitor for any possible breaches of your Sendcash account and to identify any malicious software or other activity that may harm Sendcash and its users.
- We may also obtain information from third parties such as credit bureaus, regulatory authorities and identity verification services.
How We Use Your Personal Information
In line with our commitment to provide a safe and customised experience, we may use your personal information including but not limited to the following ways:
- To provide Sendcash’s services, sending notifications/communication about your transactions and customer support;
- To confirm your identity, including account creation and password resets;
- To measure our performance and improve our services by customizing every user’s experience;
- To provide targeted marketing and advertising, provide service update notifications and send promotional offers in accordance with your communication preferences;
- To manage and protect our information technology infrastructure;
- To detect, prevent or find remedies for violations of policies or applicable user agreements;
- To manage risk or detect, prevent and/or find remedies for fraud or potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
How We Secure Your Personal Information
We store and process your personal and transactional information, including certain payment information, where Sendcash facilities or our service providers are located, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable laws. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorise access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities.
Full credit card data is securely transferred and hosted off-site by a payment vendor in compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS). This information is not accessible to the Sendcash staff.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information
We will hold your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with applicable legal, regulatory or internal policy requirements. We may also retain your personal information to enforce our Terms of Service and take other actions permitted by applicable law
Disclosing Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information with third parties including our affiliates, employees, officers, service providers, agents and subcontractors as may be reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Sendcash will only share or disclose your personal information on one of the following conditions:
- The consent of the user has been obtained. Sendcash shall bear no liability for any breach which may occur from such authorisation by the End User;
- The disclosure is necessary to conclude a contract between Sendcash and a third party in the interest of the user;
- The disclosure is necessary for reason of public interest, and to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- The disclosure is to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- The disclosure is for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- The disclosure is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the user or other persons, where the user is physically or legally incapable of giving consent.
Sendcash will take all necessary steps to ensure that Personal Information is transmitted in a safe and secure manner.
International Data Transfers
As a global product, Sendcash will operate internationally, and may transfer information collected from its users across international borders for processing and storage purposes. However, the users’ information will only be processed as required by law or in accordance with this Policy.
Virtual USD Account
The following is a list of payment activities not supported in Sendcash virtual USD accounts.
- Non-permitted industries – global
- Weapons / military-grade security
- Multi-level marketing
- Political organizations
- Precious metals and stones
- Adult entertainment
- Drug paraphernalia
- CBD and related products
- Carbon credits
- Ponzi / pyramid schemes
- Firms involved in the servicing of illegal goods/services including but not limited to: counterfeit goods/trademark infringement, human trafficking, child labor, prostitution
- Mining and extraction
If you do choose to disable cookies, it may limit your ability to use our website. Cookies allow our servers to remember IP addresses, date and time of visits, monitor web traffic and prevent fraudulent activities.
If there is something you aren't sure you need or not, it's usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However, if you still need more information, please contact us.
- This website may contain links to other sites. Sendcash is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
- You can review and edit your personal information at any time by logging in to your Sendcash account. You can also close your account at any time. However, your personal information may still be kept for a certain period of time to resolve any disputes, troubleshoot problems, and assist with any investigations, prevent fraud or take any other actions as required or permitted by law.
Changes To This Policy
We reserve the right to update, amend or change this Policy at any time as required by law or technology. Any update, modification or amendment to this Policy will be posted on the Sendcash website with the effective date updated.
If you have any questions or complaints about this Policy, you can contact us at [email protected] and your inquiry will be dealt with as soon as possible.